Here are a few things that make my life easier when developing:
- Two Dell Ultrasharp U2417H 24 inch monitors
- AmazonBasics Dual Monitor Stand
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Tecknet Wireless Mouse
- 13-inch Space Gray MacBook Pro
- Kanto YU2 Powered Desktop Speakers
- Shure MV7 microphone
- CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock
- Anker charging stand
- Anker PowerWave charging pad
- PHPStorm - PHPStorm is used mainly for Magento 2 development. You can't beat its powerful refactoring, class completion, and code navigation for larger projects.
- VS Code - For smaller projects, VS Code is my go-to. I primarily use VS Code for Laravel development.
- TablePlus - TablePlus is a great database GUI. I picked it up initially because it was the only Mac database manager that could handle MS SQL, which I need at work sometimes. It quickly became my favorite database tool, however.
- Laravel Valet - You can't beat Laravel Valet for quickly getting a development environment up to speed. It configures my mac to run Nginx in the background, and uses DnsMasq to proxy all requests to a "pretty" local URL.
- Docker - I use Docker to manage my database, Elasticsearch, Mailhog, Redis and RabbitMQ instances. I use Tighten's Takeout CLI tool to spin up these Docker containers.
- Insomnia - I previously used Postman for API design, but Insomnia is quickly becoming my favorite API design tool. I use it for planning APIs, as well as making calls to existing APIs for testing and debugging.
- iTerm - I use iTerm as my terminal. I'm not an iTerm power user by any means, but I like the fact that it has true color support; I like for all of my applications to have the same theme (Palenight, as of this writing)
- CleanShot X - CleanShot X is a screenshot program that takes the place of the default Mac screenshot program. It makes screenshots a little nicer; adding a Mac-centric background around windows that are being screenshot, and allows editing the screenshot after snapping a pic.
- Spectacle - Spectacle is a window manager for Mac. I have hotkeys configured to quickly split two windows, make my editor full screen, etc.
- Bartender - Bartender is used to keep my Mac's toolbar tidy
- 1Password - 1Password is my password manager of choice.
- Sip - Sip is used to eyedrop colors from webpages, desktop applications, etc.
- Spotify - I use Spotify to listen to music and maintain my sanity while working.